Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Soooo Muuuuch Suuuggggaaarrr

It's been awhile since I ate enough of any one thing to actually give me stomach pains, but leave it to royal icing to get the job done.

Well, royal icing, sprinkle-covered chocolate discs, M&Ms, leftover gingerbread bits, more royal icing (sometimes it's just easier to lick one's fingers before one turns on the tap!) a Cherry Jewel Bar (mmm!), some more of that failure loaf, a sesame snap, more chocolate discs...

You get the idea.

In between all that, I made a really good roasted red pepper soup for lunch, and smitten kitchen (againnn!)'s chickpea-tahini-squash "salad" which turned into a salad-ish saute-ish toss. Nevertheless, tahini is good on anything, and this was no exception.

The gingerbread architectural endeavour is coming along! Praying for structural soundness. It must live! Live until tomorrow night is over, at which time it can be pillaged and eaten. As if I haven't spent all day eating it before it even really existed.

WIGILIA TOMORROW!
I'm sad, though, that Babcia isn't making her own pierogi this year -- I really, really wanted to go and make them with her. Oh well...
I hope she likes the gingerbread house.

No comments:

Post a Comment