Friday, December 11, 2009

It needs... something...

Story of my life!

That said, yeah, I made my much-vaunted Coconut Jade Stir-Fry recipe and it was okay. Okay in the sense that it's hard for coconut milk to be un-okay, but for the amount of effort and prep, it wasn't spectacular. I used the full amount of spices, etc. for a half recipe of the noodles, and still felt like it was way too subtle.

Maybe I'm just smarting from having to buy a whole head of napa, of which I used like six leaves for the recipe, and am now going to stare at in the fridge forever and ever amen. Asian coleslaw days, here we come!

Not sure how that Asian coleslaw is going to go with the crab Mornay I'd like to have tomorrow, but meh. We'll call it "fusion" and leave it at that. ;)

On the bright side, too, there is the better part of three pounds of peameal in the fridge. Threw together some soup with it this afternoon, with some lentils and so forth, which was pretty nice given how friggin' cold it was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment